Tuesday, November 11, 2008

2008 Gaming, Learning, and Libraries Symposium

This past week, I attended the 2008 GLLS in Chicago, IL.

It was a wonderful 3-day Symposium on how libraries can successfully implement gaming events as well as circulating gaming materials in their libraries.

I left with a ton of new ideas and lots of wonderful resources, including a few books that I've purchased or received for everyone to use!

Gaming in Academic Libraries: Collections, Marketing, and Information Literacy - Amy Harris and Scott E. Rice
Teen Girls and Technology: What's the Problem, What's the solution? - Lesley Farmer
Gamers... in the LIBRARY?! - Eli Neiburger
Library Technology Reports: Gaming and Libraries Updates: Broadening the Intersections - Jenny Levine

I also scored the Starter Edition of Dungeons & Dragons, 4th edition and a Starter Edition of Magic, the Gathering. If anyone would like to start a Role Playing Gaming Group in their library, this is a great way to see what it's all about.

Because of all the information that I want to relay to everyone, I will be posting a series of Symposium Themed blogs. This way, i can hopefully break down the info into bite sized pieces that you will actually want to read, instead of the novel that I would inevitably write!

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have!

No comments: